A 6-week Self-Management Workshop Series
Thursday’s | February 2 – March 9, 2023
10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Community Cancer Center – Conference Rooms B & C
Download a printable flyer here: Chronic Pain Management Flyer
Do you have an ongoing health condition? Our Chronic Pain Workshop offers you strategies to manage your condition.
Starting February 2023, the Community Cancer Center is offering an empowering self-management Chronic Pain Workshop, FREE to the Douglas County community.
Our Chronic Pain Workshops give participants confidence, strengthens their ability to navigate the health care system, empowers them to take care of their health, and improves their overall quality of life.
Complete our 6-week workshops, and you will gain skills to take care of yourself and improve your well-being. You will also meet others experiencing similar health challenges. Together, you’ll learn how to complete small, achievable steps toward
- All workshops take place on the Community Cancer Center campus
- All workshops are FREE and include a Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain resource book
- Our workshop consists of 6 weekly sessions
- Each session is 2.5 hours in length
- Workshop size is limited to 8-16 persons
- Preregistration is required
- Support partners are welcome to attend
- Register early to save your spot!
If you live with persistent pain, you can improve your day-to-day living and your quality of life with the right tools and techniques. In this 6-week workshop, participants who are living with ongoing pain will once a week for 2.5 hours and learn self-management skills to improve their quality of life and overall well-being.
Living Well with Chronic Pain is a workshop designed for those dealing with chronic pain. Participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day to day management of their chronic pain condition. This program has also been proven effective with family and caregivers. This program also aims to help participants better communicate with their healthcare providers and make healthy day-to-day decisions.
Other Chronic Pain Workshops scheduled in 2023
- June 1 – July 6, 2023 – Held at the Community Cancer Center | 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- October 5 – November 2, 2023 – Held at the Community Cancer Center | 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
For more information contact: the Community Cancer Center
Angelia Freeman | Phone: 541-672-0072